Alright my paleos, it is officially springtime! Although living in the Bay Area, there never really is any season. There is fog and no fog. The weather has been no fog and no rain for about 8 months now, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to be eating for the season.
Time for some springtime recipes! What does that mean though? Light, sweet and otherwise awesome. Nothing really tastes like warm weather like citrus salad. Not having much of a sweet tooth myself I decided to whip this one up with some radishes, peppers and fennel to give it a little spicy to match with the sweet. Get on with it and check out the recipe for the fennel and citrus salad!
- 1 blood orange, peeled and split into wedges
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and split into wedges
- 1 head of fennel, sliced
- 6 radishes, sliced fine
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced
- Slice all ingredients. Usually the thinner you slice here, the more satisfying it is. I don't quite know why, maybe it just taste more fancy!
- Toss together in a bowl. The citrus salad is plenty "dressed" as the juice from the citrus will cover the rest of the veggies.
Alright, that citrus salad has to be one of the easiest recipes ever right? Definitely an easy way to impress a crowd or bringing to a social event like a BBQ.
Thanks for checking the citrus salad recipe out! If you liked it, then make sure to SHARE and tag us Instagram and Twitter with @thepaleofix and #thepaleofix so we can check out your creation and repost!