The Cinco De Mayo recipe pack can now be downloaded as a PDF here!
Alright, day four of the Cinco De Mayo Paleo Recipe celebration. We have been all over skillets here at The Paleo Fix household recently. What does that mean? Time for a paleo breakfast skillet. Not only do they taste amazing, but as soon as we realized that you can cook and eat out of one dish it has been at least a weekly occurrence.
It is simple, tasty, and can be eaten at any time of the day. We figured what better way to celebrate Cinco than making an amazing chorizo and bacon filled Sunday skillet? Chorizo can be a questionable meat, so go get yours at a reputable local butcher.
- 1 pound chorizo
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 4-5 pastured eggs
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup kale, sliced
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 peppers, sliced (poblano, jalapeno, anaheim, etc)
- ½ avocado
- ½ cup bone broth (optional)
- sea salt
- Cook the bacon and chorizo on a low heat. Wait until they get slightly crispy and browned before moving to step two. It is also assumed that you sourced your meat appropriately - so DO NOT dump out any of that wonderful fat that has accumulated while cooking the meat!
- Add the onions, peppers and garlic and cook over low heat until they become soft and slightly translucent. If things start sticking too much, add in a few splashes of bone broth to cook the veggies down a little more. Don't overdo it here, we don't want skillet soup.
- The kale and the mushrooms can be sliced however you like. They cook rather quickly so just add them in and toss then move on to step four.
- Set the oven to 350F and toss the skillet in. Depending on how you like your eggs, this will take 8-12 mins.
- Remove the skillet when the eggs are done and top with whatever type of condiments you like - cilantro and avocado seem like a must and you can even use Ancho Chile Sauce or Fresh Roasted Salsa recipes we've had before! As mentioned before, the best part about this dish is eating straight out of the pan.
And there we go, a whole meal cooked and eaten right in one dish. Paleo breakfast skillet to the rescue of all these hungry Sunday morning bellies. Look for #sundayskillet to start trending in a big way! Did you make any modifications? Have any other techniques? Leave some words in the comments below!
Did you make this paleo breakfast skillet? Then tag us on Instagram and Twitter with @thepaleofix and #thepaleofix so we can check it out and repost! Please share with the buttons below if you like this recipe!